Fortenberry Statement on Budget Negotiations

Dec 22, 2018
Press Release

(Washington, D.C.) – Congressman Jeff Fortenberry (R-NE) made the following statement today on the ongoing budget negotiations:

“Our goal is to quickly resolve the current budget problem and keep the entire government operational.  It should be noted that 75% of the government is funded due to earlier congressional action, with the remaining 25% in negotiation.  The decisive issue of border security funding, which used to have bipartisan support, has become the flashpoint of  philosophical divide.  No one wins in a shutdown; no one wins if the border is not safe.”

Fortenberry added: “I expect negotiations to proceed quickly and there to be minimal disruption to basic government services and employees.”

Congressman Jeff Fortenberry is a member of the House Appropriations Committee and Chairman of its Subcommittee on the Legislative Branch.

 

###